Saturday, April 30

Only 19 Days Till Revenge of the Sith


In only 19 days Star Wars 3: Revenge of Sith is coming out and I am Psyched. It’s going to be so good. But I’m also scared because in 3 weeks my hopes could be crushed, my faith dashed and my childhood is ruined. Because George Lucas decided to make a Wookie Fart!

So yeah, I’m a Star Wars Fan. I’m not a Star Wars nerd. The main difference that I don’t own a Darth Vader Helmet but I have thought about buying one…numerous times, c’mon haven’t you? You can use it year around. No, not so much. Okay.

The last few years I’ve been Star Wars’ Bitch. I’ve bought the special dark chocolate M&M’s, The R2D2 Cheezits, I’ve even tried Lightsaber Go Yurt. But no matter how many speciality products I buy, the movies still suck.

If you liked the last 2 movies than you are like me...you are in denial! I can’t help but feel like I’m like George Lucas’ abused spouse, I’m always making up excuses for the movies, it wasn’t that bad, it was just Jar Jar, or I liked it except for the romance part, sure the dialogue is bad but wasn’t it bad in the original ones too, George loves me, he doesn’t mean to hurt me, he just gets mad some times. I just tripped down the stairs I swear.



This is how much in denial I was, for some reason I decided to see Phantom Menace 4 times on opening weekend, I’m not proud of that, and yes that probably pushes me over into the Star Wars nerd category, but in my defense we didn’t wear any costumes. We honestly thought it was going to be so awesome that we would need to see it that many times to take it all in. But even after seeing it for the 1st time and thinking, Wow that was terrible, I immediately justified it by thinking. "You know I was probably just too excited to enjoy it…let me ask you something have you ever enjoyed something so much that you hated it? Have you ever thought to yourself this Ice Cream is so delicious that it's disgusting! NO! Logical reasoning was gone on me. It actually took me 6 months to admit the 1st one is bad, even still when I talk about it I'm like, the first scene is pretty awesome.

I learned my lesson with Attack the Clones, I saw it once, and walked away. Although I did buy the DVD I haven’t had the heart to put in yet. It’s wrapped up tight right next too my unopened Matrix 2 and 3 DVDs. Star Wars and I were finished. I forgot all about it, until the O.C., my other vice which I won’t get into now, aired the trailer. Then I was psyched! It was awesome. Lightsaber fights, Choking Jedis, Wookies, explosions, and Vader and the best part no weird lopsided CGI creatures singing or burping for comedic effect.

So again I’m hooked and I’m scared it’s like that anticipation that you feel before you ask out a hot girl (or guy), but multiply that by 21 days, will she yes or no, basically at this point I just want it over and I’ve been rejected so many times, I feel like I’m owed a sympathy date…But if GL lets me down again I’ll always have Star Trek and truthfully those Vulcan ears are alot less expensive that that Vader Mask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home