Wednesday, June 29

Friendster 2002-2005



Dearly Beloved We Gathered Here Today to Mourning the Passing of a Friend, actually, a Friendster.

For the Last 3 Years Friendster was a Nice and Pleasant Way to Contact with your friends and make this Scary World that we call the Internet a Safe Place. Unfortunately for the last year Friendster has fallen gravely ill. Yes, we all tried to ignore it at first but we can't any longer. Our friend requests dwindled, the messages in our Inbox became in fewer and fewer in number and most sadly people defected to other places on the internet that weren't as safe or as tidy; Places like MySpace and FaceBook, sites that promised cooler and slutty girls and guys and the chance to get laid or casually stalk someone from afar, which is kinda what we always wanted anyway.

What once was cool has become a place for parents over 40, pets, and even sometimes inanimate object. Granted it saw a momentary recovery with the addition of its fortune telling programs and blogs, it was too late, the tide as turned and those were fatal last gasps of a dying site. So tonight please join me as I unbookmark this friend and finally let go my 1st profile that I worked so hard on.

Goodbye Friendster- You'll be missed.

5 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Blogger somethingfresh said...

Get your butt in gear and leave Friendster behind. It's messed up. If I want to meet slutty men I know where to go...don't we all.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger xiaoxia said...

Wow, I didn't realize that all you BWE folks had friendster profiles! You, Jessi Klein, Doug Benson...everybody!

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Carly said...

Wow Paul, that was deep. Sorry for your loss. I know a thing or two about losses, and it's best to run like hell and leave it behind you (not litteraly; don't actually run down the street screaming, "Get away from me! I'm leaving you behind!!") I will take a moment of silence to show my respect. *1 minute of silence* Cheer up, buddy!

C.C

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Bad Z said...

I quit friendster after they deleted my sexy Professor Snape fakester. Bastards. They never found my TV's Frank one though.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Roe said...

Hey Paul, what's wrong with parents over40, and pets?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home