Thursday, June 23

Why I like Cameron Crowe...Plus Updates!

I have a confession....I love Cameron Crowe Movies


I'm a Total Sucker for Them. Yes, even Vanilla Sky (Seriously it's good-it's like an intelligent Sci-Fi Film-Watch it Again!)

Here's a Short List of Some of the Good and Bad Ways Cameron Crowe has Affected Me

1.) He's made me appreciate and sing along with Elton John more than I probably every wanted to.

2.) The way I see it he owes me roughly $750 for my brief (albeit expensive) fascination with Kickboxing and my purchase of a ridiculous large Boom Box.

3.) For Making Think that his Awesome Dialogue would work in the Real World...Just FYI if you use lines like "I just happened to be nowhere near your neighborhood.", "You Complete Me", "Let's be Friends...with Potential", chances are you are going to creep out the girl or get a restraining order filed against you.

4.) For putting way too much pressure on my dates (without their knowledge) because I use the use the "Did She Unlock My Car Door Theory" from Singles. From that moment on you know if the relationship has any legs.

5.) 2 Words: Phoebe Cates. Everyone remembers her coming out in the Swimming Pool in Fast Times (He Wrote it)

6.) Because He Made Me Tear Up during Jerry McGuire in Front of 3 of my Guy Friends...Thankfully they bought my Popcorn Butter Allergy Excuse.

7.) 2 Words: Jonathan Lipnicki. Everyone remembers him coming out of the Swimming Pool in Jerry McGuire (Oh Wait I wrote that in my Jerry McGuire Fan Fiction)

Plus He also seems to be the one of coolest guys out there, listen to some of his DVD commentary tracks he's done them with his Mom, His Kids, His Wife, and he even got Tom Cruise on the Phone for one of them. (He can get to Cruise directly how many people can say that?)

Check out this Internet Exclusive Trailer for Elizabethtown and see what I'm talking about. I Can't Wait for October! I haven't been this giddy since I saw Batman Begins in the Theaters..Granted that's a bad example because I just saw that a few days ago, but still you get the point.


BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE!!!

I've Updated My Website

New Links ....A Whole New Section 'Just Bloggin'

New Gospel According to Andrew WK. ....Just in time for the Summer Doldrums

Watch Some TV....Episodes of Gemberling and K-Rock Show w/o Commercials

Performance Calendar ..... Live, TV, And Radio!

New Press....2 Great Articles from The NY Post and Time Out New York

2 Comments:

At 3:16 AM, Blogger Rachael Mason said...

Cameron Crowe is the coolest guy ever. Seriously. He went undercover in high school to write Fast Times, was a writer for Rolling Stone at Sixteen, became a famous writer/director, and married Nancy Wilson from Heart. What the fuck? My life sucks in comparison to his. Now that I think about it, I hate Cameron Crowe. Fuck that guy!

Also, what with is with the weird six minute music-video/trailer for this movie? I mean I know Elton John is the soundtrack to our lives and all that, but it's like I just watched this and after six minutes I still have no idea what the fuck this movie is about! Is it about a sprinkler system gone awry?

Sorry for such a ridiculously long comment, but as I pressured Paul into putting a comments section on his site, I felt I had to make it worth his while.

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Tony said...

I totally agree!!! Cameron Crowe is personally responsible for making me want to screw up a relationship just so I can stand in a driveway with a radio. I saw him once at Musso and Frank and he was the most gracious and nice guy. He had me at hello.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home