Friday, July 8

NERD ALERT


Okay here's the thing, over the last year, I audibly guffawed whenever I saw a subway poster for Battlestar Galactica: The New Sci-Fi Channel Series . C'mon! Really? Battle Star Galactica? The Sci Fi Channel? Seriously I'd prefer watching a Dolph Lundgren Marathon in the original Swedish that subjecting myself to that show.

Even as a kid I knew Battlestar Galactica sucked! (Yes, technically I wasn't alive back then but from images I've seen, I've easily deduced that) You couldn't pay me to watch it this new Battlestar Galactica Show. But I was wrong, Battlestar Galactica is AMAZING! For me it's up there with Lost, 24, Alias and the OC (albeit it has a lot less pop culture references than OC but Edward James Olmos is the closest thing to an older and wiser Seth Cohen you'll ever find on TV).

Now I know what you are thinking, "Scheer, You're a Nerd!, I don't trust your opinions on Sci Fi, you probably like all that crap, like Babylon 5 and Farscape."

Touche! I agree that I have proven time and time again, on this site, I am a nerd, but I am odffended you link me with those shows, my Sci-Fi nerd cut-off comes with shows like Gene Rodenberry's Andromeda, Stargate SG-1 , and it's with remorse that I admit that I never got into Enterprise either. So you can trust me, this isn't just the rantings of someone who wants you to sign a bring back "Homeboys in Outer Space" petition. (If anyone gets that reference I applaud you)

I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that I watch this show, because just like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the title immediately discounts the content.

But trust me, I have already reccomended this show to a bunch of people and the reaction is the same, they like it...alot! Plus if you watch, then we can talk about it and maybe even wear matching costumes next Halloween. Sweet.

So here's the info,

SCI-FI Channel
Battle Star Galactica 1st Season Marathon
This Saturday 8-11PM
Set Your Tivo to Dork

By the way If you want to guarantee a good time while watching Battlestar Galactica create a drinking game for yourself where you have to take a shot of bourbon everytime anyone says the word "Cyclon".

Also you can dowload podcast commentaries from the website for many of the episodes-but I'll leave that alone for now.

5 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger somethingfresh said...

Take the time to visit your local video store and pick up a copy of Firefly. It is sure to impress!
Sadly it is off the air but it isn't like Taken, which was good the first few episodes and then slowly died a sad death drowning in it's own cheesy mess.
And you're right Battlestar Galactica isn't crap.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Paul said...

While not Worthy of it's own Post, I thought you should look at this amazing Auction: http://www.profilesinhistory.com/Gary_Kurtz.asp

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Roe said...

Thanks Paul. Although it doesn't interest me, my son would love it.

 
At 1:24 AM, Anonymous Tannis said...

I too love Firefly. Homeboys in outer space was too much lets just say. Man oh man the golden days of UPN (i believe)

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger NerdyPeturdy said...

Frakin A!!! I was ashamed to admit how much I loved this show for a while. I am glad you can come out of the proverbial BSG closet. Congrats! Whatdya think of that opener... pretty awesome, huh? Although I miss the drums and preview of the episode in the opening credits. Pray to the Gods for Captain Adama.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home