Sunday, December 25

My Christmas Experiment


I Love Christmas! Egg Nog, Fatty Men in Red Suits, Watching "The Christmas Story" on TBS with 4 Hours of Commercials, and of Course The Seasonal Jessica Simpson Albums...It's a Great Time of Year. But it's Changed, Right?

My Good Friend Jake and I were Talking Tonight about How When We Were Kids It was All About "Waking Up Early" for Christmas and Now as We get Older it's all about "Getting Up Early" for Christmas So We Don't Miss It.

Now, Don't Get Me Wrong, I Love Getting Up (Earlish) and Opening Gifts in Pajamas but it's Never has Been as Cool as it Used to Be and I think I Realized Why Iour Gifts aren't as Cool as they Used to Be. I Swear I'd be Super Psyched to Get Up if I knew I might have a chance to get a Castle Grayskull Playset or a Return of the Jedi Ewok Village Tomorrow Morning.

Christmas Gifts Used to Rock, for Me Anything with a Remote Control was about the Best Thing Ever. But as we get older our Gifts Tend to Have a Higher Suck Ratio.

So in the Spirit of the Thanksgiving Experiment, I Ask You This....What is the Worst Gift You Got Today for Christmas (Or Hannahukah)?

Send Me Your Responses and I'll Compile the Best Ones and Post Them Later in the Week...Feel Free to Forward This To Anyone and Everyone, It Should be Interesting.

(FYI: Now I had been Planning on Doing this Blog Experiment For Awhile But Alas The Guys Over at College Humor Did Something a Little bit Similiar To This Last Week. So I just want to Give Them Props For Their Piece But Also State this isn't a Blantant Rip-Off Either)

Merry Christmas and Happy Hannahukah!

15 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger Roe said...

Merry Christmas Paul!!

 
At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom got me a lint roller. I am nineteen.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Tiffany said...

I got a flashlight...

generally dissapointing

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous melissa said...

I got a small shovel with an extending handle. But that's nothing compared to the Christmas when I was 13: I got an elk sweatshirt.

 
At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Howard Wizwer said...

I got anally raped by my brother for Christmas.

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Lauren said...

I got a handmade stamp holder...you know, for all my rolls of stamps

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am neither a middle-aged chubby woman from accounting nor a kindergarten teacher, and yet i received a sweater with a snowman and snowflakes on it. When my sister-in-law was a child she received a book about puberty for Christmas, which she opened in front of her entire extended family.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger fgjgj said...

This year I recieved a beautiful top quality guitar case. It would have been great accept I do not actually own a guitar.

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous lyra said...

my grandmother gave me a box of kleenex
i was 8
i used them

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Roe said...

An ex boyfriend once gave me a box of chocolate covered cherries.

 
At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Samantha said...

My great aunt gave me a hot pink blouse with pictures of pink and green candy all over it, complete with matching black leggings with houndstooth ruffles at the ankles. As I am neither 3 nor 83, this outfit is quite unsuitable.


... I would rather have had the Castle Grayskull Playset.

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a friend of the family got a pen with a light in the tip .. so you can write in the dark i guess?!?! That sucks hard

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger MC Steinberg said...

I got a Playstation. One. Can you even buy games for that anymore?

 
At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Ashley said...

My favorite grandmother gave me a thong. Not just any thong but a thong that looks as if it was fashioned out of dental floss. She said "don't you wear those?" NOOOOOO!

Nana may need to go to a home.

 
At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a bucket of rock salt for christmas...I guess that is what they give these days instead of coal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home