Sunday, February 12

The Most Embarrassing Thing That has Happened to Me...In the Last 24 Hours

Last night I hosted "Director's Commentary Live" at the UCB Theater. In the show, we improvise a Director's Commentary Track. Last night's film of choice was the romance classic "Pretty Woman" - which by the way, includes a totally out of place scene of Jason Alexander (George From Seinfeld) trying to rape Julia Roberts, it comes out of nowhere, talking about wrecking the feel good movie of the millenium! One second it's Pretty Woman and the next I'm watching Monster's Ball. Way to go Constanza, you blew it again!

Anyway, one of the responsibilities I had was renting the movie. Unfortunately I totally forgot to get the film until about 11:55PM (on a Saturday Night) -moments before the store closed- which led me to frantically run into my local Blocbuster Video demanding a membership and a copy of Pretty Woman. I think everyone in that interaction felt dirty. To make matters worse, I guess the A/C was on in the store pretty high and it made my eyes water a little, so basicaly I was the crazy crying man who ran into a Blockbuster Video at Midnight with the Toys R VISA demanding Pretty Woman. Yeah, It's good to be Me!

5 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, you mean you don't own this movie already???

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous jacqueline said...

haha! That's not that embarrising! Somebody should've seen me in blockbuster looking for the Thundercats collective edition DVD....and the show doesn't even exist now. I'm 17, and haven't seen it since I was 7. They used to play re-runs on Cartoon Network and I've seen every single painstaking episode of Lion O, Cheetarah, Panthro, and the o so adorable thunder kittens (and lets not forget snarf). When will I own them 4 ever!! Ooops....

 
At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is kind of sad. You should've bought a box of Nerds to not look so suspicious.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Jimmy Jimson said...

there are worse rentals in that situation.
the ones with a nude adolescent brooke shields come to mind

 
At 4:15 AM, Anonymous Angela said...

I'm going to find the security video from that Blockbuster and put in on the internet! Wait and see....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home