Saturday, March 18

SXSW Photo Journal Day 3 (Friday- March 17th, 2006)

The Early Part of Friday was Spent at the Spin Magazine Party at Stubbs. We Are Scientists, The Cribs, The Stills, The Charlatans and Go Team! all performed to an audience that was stuffed with BBQ Brisket and Miller Lite...I was excited to host the event until I realized I wasn't so much of a host as I was a corporate shill. Throughout the concert I was forced to mention the New Toyota Hybrid Yaris, Verizon Wireless, Miller Lite and Jose Cuevro about 150 times. As a Matter of Fact They Are Forcing Me To Do it Right Now. Why won't this cycle end?

Here I Am with Go Team! We Talked About The Important Stuff like The Snorks Vs. The Smurfs and whether they were for or against Daylight Savings Time. Meanwhile The Artic Monkeys were Totally Getting High in the Green Room. Rock N' Roll!

If You Think This is Good, You should see the Poster for Bikers for Recylcing!
What Has a Maraca, A Cowbell, and A Swedish Voice? If you answered, "Awesomness" then you are right, but I'd also accept, my new Favorite International Band, "Love is All." I Love Them! It's Like Bjork and Jenny Lewis from Rilo Kiley had a Baby and That Baby Rocks the Electric Keyboard.

The Cartoon Network Throws the Best Parties...Danger Doom, Vitamin Water and Free Meatwad Hats. Plus Tom From MySpace was There. Suck it Blender Party!

The Award for the Worst Movie Videogame Ever...Francis Ford Coppola's, Bram Stroker's Dracula- The Pinball Game! Every time Gary Oldman overacts you get a free ball.

My night ended with Snow Patrol. I only saw their last 5 songs, so it was all the "Good Stuff". So I was Psyched. It was like geetting the candy from the pinata without picking up the bat. The duet they performed with Maryanne Wainwright was actually quite beautiful...Maybe I cried, What's it to you? I'm a Real Man.



* Best Excuse for not wanting to be interviewed for Best Week Ever, Eugene Hutz from Gogol Bordello. He Refused to be interviewed on the grounds that he doesn't want to risk the wrath of PETA because one time he agreed to an interview and it was on a show about the circus and they yelled at him...I don't know if it's true but it's really elaborate, I give him props for that.


Here's A Link to More Pictures With Me and Morningwood (and Tapes N Tapes)


2 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you sure snow patrol didn't duet with 'martha' wainright?

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Paul said...

You Are Right!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home