Tuesday, March 20

Cosby Show Episode #198



You read that right, Episode #198...I didn't even know they made that many. I think America tuned out after season 5. So I did some research I found out that there are like 3 Seasons of the Cosby Show that I never even knew existed, and after watching this one I'm glad I didn't, because it was TERRIBLE!

First of all Rudy has a moustache, I'm sorry but it's true. She looks like Magnum PI with that thing.

Then there all these weird people in the house and I don't know who the hell they are. Denise is engaged to some maintenance man, who everyone hates. Then Kenny (aka Bud) Rudy's Friend is a main character on the show but I don't know why, he doesn't hang out with Rudy anymore, now he's a babysitter for Olivia and hangs out with Cliff and Theo (which is a little weird) and it seems like everyone who ever appeared on that show lives in that house..it's like a big clown car, Huxatables just keep pouring out out. Personally I think they missed the boat by not bringing back that fat white kid who took a horse ride on Cliff's leg during Rudy's Birthday party. Now he was talented!


This picture was from season 6 and the cast cant even fit in the picture. By season 8 forget about it, you'd need a panaramicc camera to get everyone in.

And the opening theme/dance sequence looks like drunk people still trying to party after the lights are turned on in a club. (I tried to find it on You Tube, but they were all removed)

Also to add insult to injury there are 2 seperate speeches in the show where the main character's lose their train of thought...Cliff actually says, "I don't know where I'm going with this" after a 2 minute long speech. Then Theo is lecturing Kenny at the kitchen table about eating his vegetables and mid metaphor he says, "you know what forget it...." WHAT! Forget it...NO...You can't do that.

Clearly at this point in the show's run, everyone had given up. Case in point, the episode is directed by Alan Smithee (which for those of you who don't know is the name that a director gives when he is too embarrassed to put his name on the final project.)

Oh Cosby Show How could you have sunk so Low?

So Shame on you TV Land, Shame on You. I just wanted to eat my honey nut cheerios relaxing in my Pajamas and watching classic television, but you destroyed that for me! I hope you are happy.


If you have seen a terrible Cosby Show tel me all about it. We need to support each other

2 Comments:

At 2:45 AM, Blogger Trevor said...

hey paul, i too have had a bad experience with the cosby show. I would say my story began at about 3 AM when I was up eating wheaties and looking for something on TV when I came across nick at night and the cosby show happened to be on. I always used to be a fan of the show up until this episode I saw. It was pure mayhem on the show, I had no idea what the plot was and too many people kept coming into the Huxtables' house. I couldn't keep up and my eyes ending up hurting and I had to throw away my soggy cereal.......damn television! haha

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger The Ritty said...

I disagree. I think they could have gone longer. Season 1-3 are classic, 4 was hit-or-miss. 5 is dull, 6 is good, 7 is dull and 8 (the final) was pretty funny. I think they ended too early...but yes Rudy DID have a mustache hahahaha...and it's even worse in the episode where she wears lipstick - good god how did they let that pass? The only REAL mistake was denise and martin leaving in favor or cousin Pam and her friends (even they were all talented actors - it was just like, who cares?.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home