Friday, August 24

USO Tour (Day 6) Brassfeild Mora

This was our final day of USO Shows. We ended up in Central Iraq with an elite group of soldiers at Brassfield Mora. It was 1st and only indoor show of the entire trip and we performed it in a mess hall under the watchful eye of it's cook "Big Grease"...



So that's it for all the pictures from Iraq. We all had an incredible time and without getting too schmaltzy everyone that accompanied us and all the soldiers we met were absolutely amazing. These men and woman who are over in Iraq and Kuwait are truly outstanding human beings and I felt lucky to meet them. I can't wait to go back again.

On a side note I just want to express my utter gratitude to the USO. Who I learned late in the trip is not funded by the government and I never realized that. They do an amazingly selfless job and provide soldiers with much needed MWR (Moral, Welfare and Recreation). They provide, plan and organize everything from booking these types of shows to getting companies to donate calling cards (and much, much more). The USO is always trying to bring some fun into these soldiers lives while they are in dangerous spots and that's awesome. For many of the soldiers we were the 1st type of show they had gotten in over 12 months. So kudos to them for making that happen. They are a great org and if you every have a chance to do something with them, I highly reccomend it.

Thank for reading...

1 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger Linds said...

I didn't know you guys went to Iraq. Rock on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home